God gave Himself in the Person of Jesus Christ, who being born of a woman is fully man, and yet fully God. He fulfilled all aspects of the law of God and offered Himself personally as The Sacrifice for the sins of all who would trust in Him alone. Only the blood of Jesus Christ can pay for our sin. Only through Jesus Christ can we be brought into right relationship with The Almighty God as His children.
- The God of the Holy Bible is One and yet exists in three Persons – The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. 1x1x1 = 1 (Isaiah 48:16; Matthew 12:18, 28:19; John 14:26; Acts 2:33; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 John 5:7)
2. Every man, woman, and child has broken God’s perfect law in some way (worshipping someone or something other than God, coveting what others have, immorality, being untruthful, taking what doesn’t belong to you, etc.) (Romans 3:23) Because God is Holy and we are sinful, God sent His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, Who alone took the sin of the world upon Himself and made payment for all who put their trust in Him; His blood alone can atone for sin. (Titus 3:5a)
3. Jesus Christ will return literally to catch up all who belong to Him into Heaven. When we obey Jesus Christ in evangelizing and spreading the Gospel, we somehow are “looking for and hastening” the return of Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 3:9-12 All professing Christians should obey Christ’s command by giving, going, and/or praying.
4. We must seek first the kingdom of God and endeavor to live rightly with Him. We must overcome our weaknesses in His strength. This happens as we abide in Christ, in His Word, and in fellowship with one another. We believe it is the intention of God to conform us to the image of Jesus! (Matthew 6:33; Romans 8:29; Hebrews 10:24-25)
5. We are not saved by what we do, but we are “created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand” for us to walk in. (Eph. 2:8-10) Those truly born a spiritual birth by God’s Holy Spirit will demonstrate signs of a new life in Christ to some degree. These evidences are listed in Galatians 5:22-23.
6. We believe in Biblical baptism as Jesus Christ demonstrated. (Matthew 3:16) When we are submerged in water, we are figuratively following Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection. Baptism is a covenant before God and witnesses that we are dying to our old life and rising to a new life in Christ Jesus. Just as Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit’s power when He came up out of the water, so also are we anointed with the Holy Spirit. (Acts 1:8; Acts 10:38; Galatians 2:20)
7. We have nothing to offer God in and of ourselves. We do not rely on education, money, talent, or any other human ability to do the work of the Lord. We rely only on the Lord working in us and through us. (Romans 7:18; Philippians 4:13; Galatians 2:20; Colossians 1:27)
8. There is no other way to enter into eternal life with God—the Author of Life and Love—except through Jesus Christ alone; He paid, in full, the price for all who believe on Him and receive His grace of right standing with God the Father (who must one day judge all creation). (Acts 17:31; Romans 2:16, 3:6; 2 Timothy 4:1,8; Hebrews 12:23, 1 Peter 4:5; Revelations 6:10)