1. Unless we are abiding in Christ, we do not have the ability to live as Jesus Christ lived. We do not want to do anything apart from the Holy Spirit of God Almighty.
“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in Me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing.”- John 15:4-5
“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” – Galatians 2:20
2. We seek to be in right relationship with one another… If we can’t learn to love one another, then we have nothing to give to anyone else. Only by loving one another will the world really know the reality of the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” – John 13:34-35
3. We are motivated by the command of the Lord Jesus Christ to seek first His kingdom, and make disciples of all nations, and to look for and hasten the day of the Lord (when the last member of the bride of Christ is saved).
“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness…” Matthew 6:33a
“But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as 1000 years, and 1000 years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?” – 2 Peter 3:8-12
4. We desire to make disciples of Jesus Christ. We hope to come alongside our national brothers and sisters and help them catch the vision that Jesus Christ has given us in going into the rest of the world and making disciples.
“And Jesus came and spoke to them saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.” – Matthew 28:18-19
5. We want to connect with our supporting churches and friends back home and help them get a vision that they too can go and be a part of this exciting work. (1 Corinthians 12) We really believe that every member of the body should join together in this command of Jesus Christ. It has been said that Christ’s last command should be our greatest concern.
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” – Matthew 28:19
“And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature.” – Mark 16:15
“and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning in Jerusalem.” – Luke 24:47
“So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” – John 20:21
“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” – Acts 1:8